Picking a surgeon to perform your lower surgery can be challenging and it is very important to do your research before selecting a surgeon. You should choose a surgeon with at least 10 years of experience performing lower surgeries. The surgeon’s surgical training is also extremely important. Many gynecologists may perform the surgery, but very few have the expertise and reputation that is earned from years of experience performing the surgeries on transgender patients.
It is optimal to find a surgeon that is sensitive and aware of the specific needs of a female to male transgender patient. It is best to also have staff at the surgeon’s office that are available for questions and to help you schedule and prepare for your surgery. You also want to select a surgeon and surgical team that can work with your transgender surgeon that may be performing other surgeries at a later date.
You should also find out some information about where the surgeon operates and has privileges. Make sure that the surgeon is affiliated with a credentialed hospital that is able to provide overnight care for your hysterectomy and vaginectomy.
Also, inquire about the post-operative care the surgeon offers and if the surgeon will be available to you after your surgery, while you are recovering. All these criteria will help ensure you get a skilled surgeon that is able to achieve a successful surgery with minimal complications during your recovery period.
Why should I come to Scottsdale and choose Dr. Webb as your surgeon?
- Webb has more experience performing the laparoscopic hysterectomy and vaginectomy procedure than anyone else in the United States. He also has more experience doing these procedures together than anyone else in the world.
- Webb’s procedure has a lower complication rate.
- Webb has an excellent, experienced team that he works with to perform the hysterectomy and vaginectomy. They have many years of experience working together and they use the most advanced equipment. No other doctors outside of this team are necessary for this procedure, so costs are lower.
- Webb and his team will take care of you from the initial consult all the way up until you are ready to return home. They will provide you with personalized service and a warm, friendly atmosphere, from the Surgical Center and at his office.
- You will meet with Dr. Webb before the surgery to answer all your questions and address any concerns you may have about the procedure. He will also have you schedule a post-op visit so he can see you before you leave town, to ensure you are doing well with your recovery process.
If you have any other questions or comments, feel free to leave a comment below! You can also contact Kim, who can be reached by phone at 480-291-6348, or by email.